Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cinnamon-Sugar Chocolate Banana Bread

It must be winter cause all I want to do is carb-filled sweets, get fat and hibernate until Spring comes again.

I must admit that this recipe is not my own... a friend directed me to it here.

But Dave and I made it tonight. And we are about to dive in. I don't think we will have any problem consuming A LOT of it.


Cinnamon-Sugar Banana Bread

3 very ripe bananas (the size doesn’t much matter; medium to large works)
2 large eggs
1 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

For topping:
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter or spray an 8-inch square pan.

In a medium mixing bowl, mash the bananas well with a fork or potato masher. Add the eggs, and stir well to combine. Add the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and vanilla, and stir to mix. Add ¾ cup of the chocolate chips, and stir briefly. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and set aside.

In a small bowl, stir together the topping ingredients. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the batter in the pan, and top with the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips.

Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes before serving.


P.S. Yep.... it was delicious...


... that giant missing chunk from the middle? Eaten by the 2 of us in one sitting. Hooray for winter poundage!

1 comment:

Brian said...

So today I was thinking to myself...Brian you should really try eating a bit healthier with a baby on the way...then I saw this reciepie and I quickly put that thought behind me!